Surviving life in PA

This is my first attempt to blog about my family,my work, and whatever else I might find interesting. I live in Pa with 5 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a husband. I work as a homebirth midwife, teach college nursing students and spend most of my free time with my family.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

some activism stuff

ok, first of all i am typing this with one finger lying in bed trying to keep my cranky teething baby asleep. god only knows what is happening in other parts of my home, but every few minutes i hear someone running or stomping around. i pray that whatever damage is being done at least gets cleaned up before i see it.

some activism for today:

1. please take the time to write an email to babytalk mag about their latest issue with the breastfeeding baby. ignorant, rude comments are pouring in and we really need to outnumber them with positive ones. i don;t have the link offhand, i'll try to get it and post. now is our chance to do some positive activism!

2. found out about this project which is such a simple thing and yet will raise awareness and send a powerful message. here;s the link:
http://www.savethechildren.org/capstothecapital/images/kit11.pdf


finally check out my website, it's a work in progress but at least i finally got some photos up!

i have lots to blog about, my hand is hurting from this weird typing position, so i will have to come back later

3 Comments:

Blogger BabyBlogger said...

I love the cap project! I'm emailing the link to other women I know and spreading the word. Thanks for sharing this and hope your back is feeling much better.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

What a wonderful project! My heart really goes out to those mothers who lose their babies so early.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hi Barb,
Love your blog :) Even if you have to type with one hand :)
I DID write to Baby Talk mag! I couldn't belive that article!
I blogged about it also!
Keep up the good work

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home