Surviving life in PA

This is my first attempt to blog about my family,my work, and whatever else I might find interesting. I live in Pa with 5 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat and a husband. I work as a homebirth midwife, teach college nursing students and spend most of my free time with my family.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

So today I got to catch a baby!!! Yeah, back in the saddle again, it felt so good. I won't post the details here because I don't have the family's permission but it was a nice birth with a very nice couple, their first baby! What fun, I am always grateful to the families for allowing me to be part of such a special day in their lives. It is really an honor to be present at a birth and I hope I never stop rejoicing in the miracle that I am so privileged to witness.

Tomorrow is our housewarming party. My husband is going overboard, I think he's spending almost as much as we did at our wedding. But he's excited and wants all our friends to get together, so I will try not to bitch too much (of course, I am still waiting on my ipod but that's another post).

I start back to work teaching nursing students at the community college this week and I have very mixed feelings about it. I like the job, I like to teach, I like the floor I am on (oncology and GI) I get paid very well, so I have nothing to complain about. And although I miss the kids it is good for me to get out of the house. I am a better mommy and wife when I work part time. But another part of me is lazy and just doesn't want one more thing on my plate. But I realize there are tons of working moms working lousy jobs for lousy pay because they have to, so I will not bitch about that either.

My teenager is going to teach me how to post more photos so hopefully they will be up next week. If anyone reading this could please help me figure out how to post links to other posts or join a blogring, I would be eternally grateful. I would like to have all my friends blogs linked so I can just go and read them every week and not have to type it all in and find them.

I will try to post more later, I have some thoughts that are dying to get out, but I am tired, birth takes alot of adrenaline. I realized I was pushing along with her and in a very awkward position for a good three hours so my back and head are killing me. I gotta learn how not to push during labors! It can't be good for me, LOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home