A little introduction....
OK, so here I am finally trying my hand at blogging. I mean, why not, everyone else is doing it, right? I have 5 kids ages 10 months, 3, 7, 11, and 16. I am married to a great guy who works as an insurance agent. In my spare time I am just starting a practice as a homebirth midwife and private practice lactation consultant. And in my spare, not to often time, I like to read, scrapbook, and travel (which with 5 kids doesn't occur very often anymore).
I confess that I am disorganized and desperately need someone like Nanny 911 to come in and get my family and myself in gear. But I would guess that I am not I am not alone, that most families, especially larger ones are similar to mine. It helps me to try to hang out with other moms who aren't perfect, who have their own organizational issues, who are "real".
My schedule is always a mess and I have learned not to commit to too many things. My husband works out of the home and is gone in the evenings seeing clients, so I don't do much in the evenings, nothing more fun than dragging 5 kids including a screaming baby around after supper! Working as a homebirth midwife means that when I'm needed, well, I'm needed. I can't call you back tomorrow or call in sick or whatever. Sometimes, I just gotta get going. So sometimes other things have to take a back seat.
Some days I love living like this, we really have it made, other days I wish for a more traditional setting: Both my husband and I getting up, dressed up, off to the office, drop off kids at school and daycare, pick them up for summer, watch some tv, go to bed. But most of the time I love the freedom we have and realize that I couldn't live in such a structured setting and I would actually miss my kids! (I don't really get much opportunity lately to miss them).
I hope to post often, but realistically just keeping up with be quite an accomplishment. As I am typing this, my two middle kids are sitting RIGHT next to me arguing about how to properly play "castle" (apparently there's alot of rules I was unaware of), my 11 year old is practicing the piano (new song, not going well, lots of banging and probably bad words I can't hear), my 16 year old tried to put the baby down for a nap which resulted in a horror screaming tantrum, and my dogs want out. So I guess I better put baby down for a nap, put on the TV for the kids, and take a break!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home